Some Amazing Facts About BTS (The Bangtan Boys)
For a while now, The Bangtan Boys (BTS) has been taking the planet by storm, and there are no signs of slowing them down. With a huge global follow-up, you should start getting used to see them everywhere if you haven’t heard of this famous K-Pop community by now! And to be honest, their music is truly a gift to all of us.
Here are the topmost amazing facts that everyone must know about BTS!
- BTS has many definitions, “Bangtan Sonyeondan” being the original one, which in Korean means “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.” It means deflecting prejudices, critiques, and bullet-like expectations.
- Now the word stands for “Beyond the Scene,” too.
BTS is made up of 7 male members – Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, V, Jungkook, and Jimin. RM is “chief.”
- This successful K-Pop group wasn’t self-created – Big Hit Entertainment, an entertainment agency, held auditions to recruit members beginning in 2010.
- It was not until 2013 that the final group was finalized.
- Six months prior to their debut, The Bangtan Boys began gaining recognition due to their appearance on social media and album covers.
- Forbes classified The Bangtan Boys as the most re-tweeted artist in March 2016.
- In just six years from 2013 until 2018, The Bangtan Boys released 29 music videos and 22 singles.
- “Dark and Wild,” which came out on August 19, 2014, was the first album released by The Bangtan Boys.
BTS put on their own variety show called “Rookie King: Channel Bangtan,” which they starred in.
- Since their inception, The Bangtan Boys have won 53 awards as of July 2018.
- The Bangtan Boys are known for its lyrics that focus on sensitive subjects such as school bullying, social expectations, mental health problems, suicide, nihilism, and equality for women.
- The initials of RM stand for “Rap Monster,” but Kim Nam-Joon is actually his full name.
- Observing the popular American sitcom “Friends” RM learned English.
- Also, RM is the only member willing to hold a conversation in English.
- The Bangtan Boys’ member, Suga, is known in the band for rapping, but he’s also a piano expert.
- Jungkook is the group’s youngest member, born on September 1st, 1997.
- BTS fans are called “ARMY,” an acronym for “Adorable Representative M.C. To Teens.
- BTS plays a leading role in creating the bulk of their own songs, unlike most K-Pop bands. Many individuals assume that this is an attribution to their achievements.
- BTS performed at the 2017 American Music Awards in The United States, which was their first TV appearance ever.
- BTS was the first K-pop group to receive its own emojis on Twitter.
- These emojis were a part of a challenge for BTS. This helped in finding out the position of their biggest fanbases. Brazil, Turkey, and Russia were on the top.
- As of July 2018, The Bangtan Boys have sold at least 7 million albums worldwide.
- The Bangtan Boys ‘third full-length album, “Love Yourself: Tear,” debuted on Billboard 200 at number one, making them the only K-Pop group to do so.
- In its first month of release, their album “Love Yourself: Her” sold more than 1.2 million copies on South Korea’s Gaon Album chart. It became Korea’s highest-selling album in 16 years on a monthly basis.
- The Bangtan Boys have two certified Gold singles, “Mic Drop Remix” and “DNA.” There are two Gold certifications for the first and only Korean artist so far.
Since 2015 BTS has been brand ambassadors to Puma.
- Elsword, Nexon’s RPG game, unveiled character avatars based on BTS members.
- Coca-Cola Korea launched as marketing models on BTS in 2018.
- At the K-Star Road opening ceremony, BTS donated seven tonnes of rice to charity in 2016.
- In 2017, each member donated KR 10,000,000 (about 8,950 USD) to the families of the 2014 Sewol Ferry Tragedy. BTS has definitely done their share of giving back.
- For three years of college, group member V played the saxophone.
- Jungkook has said he wants to own a duck restaurant in the future, or be a tattoo artist
- Jin’s pants fall off during their debut show!
- The BTS members fight for the number of re-tweets their Twitter accounts earn.
- They used to receive 1,000 wons from any member who violated a house rule in the The Bangtan Boys’ dorm.
The Bangtan Boys are trendy, with Gucci, WTAPS, and Calvin Klein being some of their favorite brands.
- T he Bangtan Boys collected money from people when they violated the laws. They collected a lot of money and decided to get rid of the fee.
- They used this money to buy pizza and chicken!
- On-Time Magazine’s 2018 list of 25 Most Influential People on the Internet, BTS landed a spot
- The Bangtan Boys’ latest album ‘Fake Love’ climbed 31 positions in the charts after South Korea defeated Germany in the 2018 World Cup.
- In late 2017, the BTS members moved into one of Seoul’s most luxurious apartment complexes.
- In a nutshell, one of the units in the same complex sold for some USD 75 million
- Suga once said he would buy beef for fans if he were wealthy, which is costly in South Korea due to import fees. He was contributing $19,000 worth of beef to feed orphans on his 25th birthday
- As The Bangtan Boys combined with UNICEF, fans inspired eagerly donated to the cause and raised $1,000,000 for UNICEF’s initiative to feed undernourished children in less than two days.
Hope you learnt something new today and you can now call yourself a true The Bangtan Boys fan!